Staff at Arlanda airport found the morning a man in a freight container – an aircraft that arrived from Ethiopia.
ዛሬ ጠዋት አንድ ኢትዮጵያዊ በአውሮፕላን ኮንቴይነር ውስጥ ተደብቆ ስዊዲን ገባ። የፖለቲካ ጥገኝነት ጠይቋል ። በ7 ወራት ውስጥ ለሁለተኛ ጊዜ መሆኑ ነው። ባለፈው ነሃሴ ወር በተመሳሳይ የ24 ዓመቱ ወጣት ኢትዮጵያዊ ይርጋሸዋ ማሽላ በአውሮፕላን እቃ ክፍል ተደብቆ ስዊዲን መግባቱ ይታወሳል።
Staff at Arlanda airport made a very remarkable discovery on Monday afternoon.
On one of the aircraft found a man living in a freight container. The plane came from Ethiopia and the man has now applied for asylum.
– He’s been in a pressure equalized container, so that’s why he has survived, says Carina Skagerlind, spokesperson Stockholm police.
– Staff at Arlanda airport found the morning a man in a freight container – an aircraft that arrived from Ethiopia. The man lives and has now sought asylum in Sweden, reports the police. He is born in 1988.
– He was menage when the staff found him, but feeling better now, says Carina Skagerlind, spokesperson Stockholm police.
The plane took off 01:10 (local time) from Addis Ababa, a stopover in Vienna, before it reached its final destination Arlanda, Stockholm at 09:35. Total travel time is thus 10 hours and 25 minutes.
– It is not very common this. He has been in a pressure equalized container, so that’s why he has survived. Anyone know that this container is worked to be in, says Carina Skagerlind.
The man must have found the staff shortly after landing. What was transported in the container and how much is still unknown. Preliminary investigation commenced
In August 2015 a similar incident occurred with a man from Ethiopia. A 24-year old man flew among bags in a container.
The man later explained that he was employed at the airport in Addis Ababa and could sneak into the luggage compartment.
– It’s very unusual to expose themselves to the risk. I know only to these two events, says Johan Live, press officer at Swedavia.
A preliminary investigation of suspected smuggling has started.
Source: Swedish Newsletter